In the spring of 2014, launched a pioneering global writing competition called the Magic Oxygen Literary Prize(MOLP)
It had two categories – short stories and poetry – a prestigious £3,000 prize fund and three environmental promises built into its foundations:
- to plant a tree for every single entry received, in Bore, Kenya,
- to fund the build of an urgently needed new classroom at Kundeni Primary School in the same community,
- to send every entrant an electronic certificate with the clickable GPS co-ordinates of their tree
MOLP is now open for the fourth year running!
The Magic Oxygen Literary Prize is now open for entries until 31st December 2017.
MOLP has an incredible prize fund of £3,000, which will be awarded in each category as follows:
First Prize – £1,000
Second Prize – £300
Third Prize – £100
Two Highly Commended – £50
We also plant a tree for every single entry we receive in Boré, Kenya and we’ll email you the GPS coordinates of it once the contest has closed and we’ve received confirmation of them from our Word Forest Coordinator.
Additionally, your entry will also help fund the construction of another much needed new classroom in the same community .
All of this will be done via the newly formed charity The Word Forest Organisation, which was founded as a direct result of the Magic Oxygen Literary Prize
The Rules in Brief
- Open for entries 1st October 2017, through to midnight on 31st December 2017
- Short Stories up to 4,000 words, excluding title
- Poetry up to 50 lines, excluding title and lines between stanzas
- The theme for short stories and poetry is open
- Online entries preferred but written entries are also accepted
- Open to writers all over the world
- Entrants must be 15 or over at the time of submission
- Entries must be written in English and must be your own previously unpublished work
- Entries must show no name, address or identifying marks other than the title
- You may submit as many entries as you wish
- £5 per entry
- Closing date midnight 31st December 2017
For more details you can refer this site: