Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As a senior mechanical engineer at Neuralink, you will design and produce hardware solutions for our brain-machine interface devices, including surgical robotics, automation, microfabrication, and more. You will get to own projects from concept to production, utilizing your mechanical engineering background in the challenging field of brain-machine interfaces. The role involves collaboration with neuroscientists, biologists, and engineers to determine design criteria and build systems quickly and effectively.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering, or equivalent in experience and ability.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering industry experience, including owning products from concept to production.
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles.
- Experience with conventional machining and rapid prototyping technologies.
- Experience with precision design and manufacturing.
- Experience with advanced imaging techniques.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- 401(k) plan.
- Stock options.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.