Divergence Neuro Technologies, Inc. (https://divergenceneuro.com/) is looking for a talented individual to fill the position of Backend Developer to assist with building out our platform web services and backend infrastructure. The position would be working remotely on a contract basis until at least the end of the year and would require hours equivalent to a full work week each week. There is a possibility of the contract converting to full time employment if the project is successful.
Who we are:
Divergence is a Toronto-based startup focused on the research and development of a data-driven, cloud-based neuro platform based on EEG-analysis and machine learning to improve mental health for all. Our platform and research enhance clinical and personal mental health assessments by supplementing self-reporting methods with an easy-to-understand, cloud-based EEG software platform, offering individualized neurofeedback protocols driven by machine learning and AI combined with therapist interaction.
You must have:
- Experience developing, testing and launching at least two (2) data-driven applications,
- Three (3) years demonstrable practical experience using Java (Spring) or Node JS, and SQL databases,
- Two (2) years experience designing, implementing and deploying backend business workflows,
- In-depth knowledge of working with data-driven workflow implementation and REST APIs,
- Solid understanding of security principles and practices for backend coding as well as for DevOps in the cloud (AWS),
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English,
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently,
- A keen desire towards continuous learning and demonstrable cases where you have applied this to learn new things extremely quickly,
- Open mind and proven mental agility to pivot if and when required without impact to productivity and timelines,
- Resourcefulness to identify requirements and find solutions creatively.
Preference will be given if you have:
- Previous startup experience,
- Biomedical technology development experience,
- Understanding of lean product development principles and experience building a product from start to finish,
- DevOps / SRE experience in deploying and maintaining AWS,
- Experience with NoSQL / big data systems,
- Full stack development experience for mobile clients and backend.