Paradromics is bringing to market the first high-bandwidth data interface between brains and computers. We envision a future where data is medicine and some of the hardest challenges in physical and mental health have been reframed as technical problems with clear solutions. By allowing direct readout and modulation of neural activity, brain computer interfaces (BCI) will act like a modem for the brain, allowing it to connect with restorative digital systems. Our first product will be an Assistive Communication Device for patients with severe combined speech and motor deficits as a result of paralysis.
We are seeking dynamic, curious, and driven individuals to join our Austin-based team. We offer a competitive compensation package with stock options, flexible PTO, and a friendly working environment.
Fulltime · Austin TX, USA
Paradromics is looking for a team member to contribute to the preclinical and clinical testing of the key components of our neural implant system. The ideal candidate will have experience performing neurosurgical procedures such as craniotomy and durotomy in large animals and will have experience with post-operative care of animals. A background in electrophysiology is preferred but not strictly required.
This role involves interfacing with scientists, engineers, clinicians; excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial for excelling at this role. We are building next-generation brain implants to treat serious conditions in mental and physical health. If you want to use your skills in a positive, impactful way, if you like to be intellectually challenged, and if you want to be surrounded by smart, passionate co-workers, this work will be a highly fulfilling role.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience (eg. surgical) in working with chronic, large animal preclinical models
- Surgical experience for electrode implantation
- Experience with histological processing of neural tissue- immunohistochemistry, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very strong analytical and debugging skills
- Ability to produce well-written technical reports and documentation
- Experience with scientific communication in peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- BS or MS in Science or Engineering with 5+ years work experience or PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, or a closely related discipline
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in Electrophysiology (analysis techniques, denoising set ups, using multiple data acquisition systems)
- Knowledge of Neuromodulation and Bioelectronic devices in the CNS
- Experience in medical device industry or other highly regulated environment
- Experience conducting GLP animal studies intended for submission to the FDA or other regulators
- Masters Degree or PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, or a closely related discipline