Are you a passionate neuroscience researcher who is looking for a career path outside academia? Have you done fNIRS research or worked with EEG or fMRI? Have you taken a research project from planning stages through acquiring, and then analyzing the data? Are you a great communicator and want to move the field of neuroscience forward? If this sounds like you, then joining our team as a Scientific Consultant will be a highly fulfilling role.
- Consult scientists on the best solution for their research questions. This requires understanding their research goals and challenges. Our customers are mostly researchers, neuroscientists, psychologists, sport-scientists, medical researchers.
- Develop a full understanding of our technology. To do so you will need to stay well-read on fNIRS and related research as well as methods and technology developments.
- You will be responsible for building strong relationships within the research community, and leading customer-oriented handling of sales requests on a daily basis. This will mean communication via email, phone, conference calls / online sessions.
- One day soon, we will visit our customers again for demonstrations, workshops, and training. And we will also attend conferences (like SfN, OHBM, CNS). You will help us make the best impression possible to both current and potential customers.
- Work together with an awesome team. This role involves interfacing with scientists, engineers, project managers, grant writers, our production team and many others. You will help coordinate internal activities with our different departments (sales and marketing, engineering, management, procurement and assembly, logistics) to best serve our customers. We need you to be the voice-of-the-customer to the rest of NIRx.
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in Neuroscience, Psychology, Biomedical Engineering, or related field.· Comprehensive knowledge of the acquisition and analysis of physiological signals.
- Ideally, previous experience with fNIRS, EEG, or fMRI.
- Good command of Matlab or similar signal processing packages.
- Excellent English skills, oral and written. Excellent written communication skills are essentials.
- Organized team player, with a love for science, and a focus on our customer’s success.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial for excelling at this role.
- Highly motivated, willing, and able to learn quickly.
Must be able to work and be based in the USA and hold a Passport for possible international travel (US Green Card holder or US Citizen)