At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), our goal is to explore, innovate and design novel interfaces and hardware subsystems for the next generation of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. We are looking for a skilled and motivated software engineer to join our team, whose mission is to unleash human potential by erasing the bottlenecks between user intent and action. We are specifically looking for a candidate with experience in interactive computing and who can work with a team of researchers who are exploring the potential of neuromotor interfaces, which has grown out of the acquisition of CTRL-labs. More broadly, the chosen candidate will work with a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineers and will have access to cutting edge technology, resources, and testing facilities.
Research Engineer – Neuromotor Interactions Responsibilities
- Develop forward-looking interactions that are uniquely enabled by neural interface technology
- Work in a tight loop with neuroscientists and machine learning experts to unlock and perfect new capabilities to build interactions upon
- Create prototypes which explore neural interfaces in a variety of environments and situations
- Collaborate with user researchers to measure and evaluate progress on promising interactions
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
- Experience in HCI, UI/UX, AR/VR, graphics, gaming, or other interactive development
- Experience tackling HCI problems on novel/prototype hardware
- Familiarity with real time signal processing: filtering, smoothing, debouncing, etc.
- Familiarity developing with Unity, Unreal, or other 2D/3D engines
- Familiarity with React/Redux/TypeScript
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms
About the Facebook company
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.