We are looking for a candidate with a strong research background in machine learning and good coding skills to work on world-changing, completely unique projects for neural engineering applications. At BIOS we solve hard problems and we want someone who equals our enthusiasm, creativity and vision to work on our machine learning research.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Perform research to apply machine learning (particularly deep learning and Bayesian techniques) to biological data
- Recommend research directions for applied projects: assess the scope of the problem, identify where to apply machine learning, and evaluate different approaches
- Integrate new research ideas into applied projects
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and run experiments using both new and existing algorithms
- Communicate experimental results and research findings clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally, across different levels of audience understanding.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Proven knowledge of machine learning and/or statistics and demonstrable ability to apply them to complex unstructured data
- Previous experience leading research projects within academia and/or private sector
- Strong coding ability in Python
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Keras)
- Hands on experience of communicating results and findings clearly and efficiently
- PhD in machine learning, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- English Language skill – appropriate UK qualification or SELT pass at B1 CEFR scale or confirmed Ecctis for degrees taught in English.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (such as medical, energy or defense)
- Working knowledge of source control management such as Git
- Previous experience of working in Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP and Azure