BIOS is unlocking the potential of the nervous system in treating chronic disease by using AI-powered neural interfaces that can automatically read and write neural signals. The human nervous system carries vast quantities of data and scientists have long known that faulty signals in the nervous system play a key role in driving chronic diseases. By understanding and correcting these signals in real time, BIOS can treat chronic illnesses in an effective, automated, and personalised way, leading to seamlessly experienced healthcare. BIOS utilises its proprietary breakthroughs in AI and Machine Learning to translate the “language” of the nervous system for the first time. BIOS’ neural code is built on the world’s largest proprietary neural data set and is already in use clinically to enhance data from wearables used in remote chronic disease care.
BIOS is made up of a wide range of experts from neuroscience, machine learning, software engineering, applied biomaterials, biotechnology, medicine, and business and operations. The combined experience of the BIOS team extends to over 300 peer-reviewed publications, 10+ first of kind medical devices, and 6k+ clinical procedures.
We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, fun and stimulating company team culture, who are focused on overcoming challenges, and want to grow along with the company. We are especially looking for candidates that share our values: enjoy solving hard problems; bring a unique perspective but become an active part of the BIOS team; respect what matters and do what’s right; and enjoy the challenge.We are looking for a neuroscientist or computational neuroscientist with an academic research background to work on world-changing neural engineering problems.
About the role:
We are looking for a neuroscientist or computational neuroscientist with an academic research background to work on world-changing neural engineering problems.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- PhD in neuroscience, computational neuroscientist, machine learning or relevant field.
- Experience of applying machine learning to neuroscience in either a commercial or academic environment.
- Strong coding ability in Python.
- English Language skills. Appropriate UK qualification or SELT pass at B1 CEFR scale or confirmed Ecctis for degrees taught in English.
BIOS is an exciting and progressive business which values its people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that people who are happy and healthy at work and at home produce better results. Therefore we have a compensation and benefits package that promotes health, finance, life:work balance and professional development.
Competitive Salary, dependent on experience, and company share options.
Other benefits include:
- Hybrid working (office and remote) and flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Healthcare and Dental insurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- A variety of well-being initiatives (incl. gym membership contribution, cycle maintenance scheme)
- Financial support for commuters through our season ticket loan scheme
- Great central Cambridge location with excellent transport links (incl. rail, bus, bike, scooters) and local amenities