Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As an Equipment Engineer at Neuralink, you will install, repair, and maintain a broad range of semiconductor equipment. You will troubleshoot, modify, and upgrade existing equipment. Systems include high vacuum systems, pumping systems, associated valves, manifolds, and control systems, corrosive and toxic gas delivery systems. You will work with the process engineering team and vendors to ensure equipment is performing to specification. We are looking for a well rounded, mechanically inclined team member who enjoys working on unique projects that will push them outside their comfort zone.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in a technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical repair.
- 5+ years of equipment maintenance/engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with corrosive and toxic gas delivery systems.
- Experience with semiconductor processing equipment and facilities including preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic circuit, programmable controllers (PLC/PC), vacuum pumps, gas delivery systems, and robotic systems.
- Experience with equipment for plasma processing, electron-beam or ion-beam processing, laser processing, vapor deposition, photolithography, metrology, or additive manufacturing.
- Experience with CAD drawings and schematics.
- Proactive about maximizing equipment performance (utilization and yield).
- Electrician certification.