Title(s) : Full-stack Developer / Machine Learning Developer
No. of Position(s) : Two (2)
Category : One-year contract subject to renewal
Location : MindXs, Nicosia, Cyprus
MindXs Ltd is a newly founded innovative high-tech medical startup in Cyprus that is accepting applications for up to two (2) full-time Research and Software Development positions, employed under the MindXs Pre-Seed Project. The following positions are available:
The MindXs research project is funded under the «Pre-Seed» Programme of the Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation. The project centers on the development of a new analysis platform to aid neurologists and other healthcare professionals in the diagnosis and monitoring of neurological conditions.
The successful candidates will be working for MindXs, and will have close collaboration with the Visual Computing Research Group at the CYENS Research Centre. Position holders will conduct applied research and development, and also participate in the preparation of project reports, deliverables, as well as dissemination events. Below you can find the details for both available positions.
Job Title: Machine Learning Developer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research and development using deep learning for analyzing neurological data.
- Work together with researchers of the project to design, develop and test parts of the backbone of the MindXs framework (data gathering, data loading, training, inference, optimize performance and accuracy).
- Work together with the full-stack developer to create the necessary interface between the MindXs processing framework and the web tools exposed to End Users.
- Make use of agile software development methodologies to develop and maintain high-quality code.
- Collaborate with the Project Coordinator and Principal Investigators for the successful completion of tasks on time and within budget.
- Report to the Project Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Strong coding skills in machine learning and data science applications.
- Ability to write efficient, scalable, well-documented code that is version-controlled daily.
- Experience in developing tools using Python or similar scripting languages.
- Experience in the development of machine learning applications using machine learning / deep learning frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, scikit-learn).
- Confidence in mathematics (e.g., linear algebra, probabilistic methods).
- Willingness to research and acquire additional skills needed to excel in the role.
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English language.