We are looking for research scientists to conduct novel research in AI for healthcare in the areas of medical image analysis, computer aided surgery and surgical data science. They will contribute to developing new areas of research at IHU Strasbourg and mentor a growing team of PhD students and engineers.
To carry out their work, the successful candidates will have access to a collaborative clinical environment with state-of-the-art facilities, a medical imaging platform dedicated to research, a highly motivated team of clinicians, and support staff to handle IT, regulatory questions regarding medical data, and clinical studies.
Starting date is flexible. Salary is competitive and permanent contracts will be offered to strong candidates with experience.
- PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- C++/Python programming skills or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and experience in either computer vision, machine learning, navigation or medical image registration/segmentation
- Strong publication record
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Experience with medical images (e.g. US, CT, MR, Endoscopy) is expected
The position is located in Strasbourg, France. Strasbourg is a lively, green and cosmopolitan city situated in the heart of Europe and is also home to the European parliament. The successful candidates will be hosted within the AI team of the IHU institute at the University Hospital of Strasbourg. He/She will thereby have direct contact with clinicians, industrial partners and also have access to an exceptional international research environment offering state-of-the-art computing resources and unique clinical facilities.
- Cutting-edge research in an interdisciplinary and leading international research environment
- Ability to work at the forefront of a rapidly growing field at the intersection of computer science, artificial intelligence and medicine
- Development of real-world AI-based solutions for the operating room