Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As an EHS Specialist at Neuralink, you will support day-to-day functions inside the cleanroom as well as other functions throughout the company. This will include continuously improving existing safety programs, trainings, processes, and operations to comply with local, federal, and state regulations. We are looking for a well-rounded, mechanically inclined team member who enjoys working on unique projects that will push them outside their comfort zone.
- You find large and small challenges exciting, and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
Examples of concrete duties:
- You maintain an inventory of consumables (e.g. chemicals, PPE, and tools) and restock when needed
- You will work with engineers and scientists to make sure their processes are safe and review new and existing chemicals
- You will also work with external vendors to ensure the facility equipment (house vacuum, CDA, nitrogen, DI water, AWN, process chilled water, etc.) is well maintained and documented
- 2+ years of experience within a health and safety role
- 2+ years of handling, storing, safekeeping, and removing of hazardous materials (acids, bases, solvents, etc.)
- EHS Certifications (ASP: Associate Safety Professional, CSP: Certified Safety Professional, CIH: Certified Industrial Hygienist) are preferred
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory agencies and requirements (stormwater, hazardous waste, industrial wastewater, spill prevention, control, and countermeasure (SPCC), and soil management)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and/or walk for 10+ hrs daily
- Ability to climb stairs
- Able to rapidly respond to employee health emergencies and activate emergency procedures