Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
The infrastructure team builds the foundation that enables the company to operate safely, robustly and move at light-speed. We run a mixture of cloud-based and on-prem systems and have a user base spanning from highly technically proficient engineers to non-technical scientists and doctors; but all of them need solid systems, rugged networking, and bullet-proof software to do their jobs. This role will integrate tightly with teams across the company, and span all layers of the work environment stack, from deployment of physical hardware on the manufacturing line, to custom tooling built to facilitate neural recordings from implants.
- Experience using IAC tools such as Terraform, Docker, Packer, Ansible, Cloud-Init, Kickstart.
- Fluency in shell scripting, git, and at least one of Ruby/Python.
- Robust software engineering skills, and a track record of building custom tools that fit internal needs across a large range of teams including CI/CD systems, logging pipelines, etc.
- Experience administrating modern Linux systems in production environments.
- A solid understanding of core networking protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, and an understanding of the OSI model of networking.
- Experience building hybrid cloud/on-prem infrastructure, in a codified manner, and with an understanding of the trade-offs of cloud vs on-prem solutions.
- Strong computer security fundamentals, and a drive for building systems that are simpler, faster and more secure.
- Working knowledge of compiled languages, ideally Rust or C/C++.
- Working knowledge of major cryptographic protocols and authentication schemes such as TLS, x509, 802.1x, U2F, SAML.
- Systems administration experience on Windows and macOS.
- Experience supporting production lines, medical systems, and/or laboratory settings.