The Herte Institute for Clinical Brain Research (HIH), together with the University of Tübingen’s Neurology Hospital, forms the Center of Neurology. It is dedicated to research, treatment, and teaching focused on the diseases of the human brain.
The Deleidi lab at the HIH is inviting applications for a Research assistant to join our team at the HIH and German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) & University of Tübingen. Our research aims at understanding the pathogenic mechanisms of gene mutations in the pathogenesis of Parkinson’ s disease by using induced pluripotent stem cell-based models and genome engineering. A considerable part of our recent efforts has been devoted to optimizing (brain) organoids and single cell analysis to decipher mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases, with a focus on immunerelated mechanisms. The individual will perform a variety of techniques that are necessary to generate, maintain and differentiate human induced pluripotent stem cells and perform gene editing in human stem cells. This will include the culture of mammalian cells and organoids, virus production, immunocytochemistry, western blotting, molecular cloning, and confocal imaging.
- Support the research activities of the team by performing laboratory benchwork (e.g. maintenance
of cell lines, molecular cloning, transfections and transduction, flow cytometry, viral vector production, issue preparation, immunohistochemistry, etc.)
- Data collection and analysis
- Assisting with routine laboratory maintenance duties, e.g. placing & receiving orders, maintaining lab databases and SOPs, etc.
- You have already completed (or are about to complete) a BSc or an MSc degree in molecular biology, neuroscience or related fields.
- Prior experience in mammalian cell culture and molecular biology techniques is mandatory.
- Essential qualities required include good organizational skills, fluency in English, a strong team spirit and time management skills.