The Idiap Research Institute seeks qualified candidates for several postdoctoral positions in the field of Deep Learning applied for acoustic, and/or language modeling in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR).
The position will be aligned with one of currently ongoing (EU H2020, Swiss NSF, or US (IARPA)) projects researched by speech group (https://www.idiap.ch/en/scientific-research/speech-and-audio-processing).
The research will focus on new ASR approaches using novel deep neural networks (through Kaldi, Pytorch, or other open source machine learning platforms) towards a principled, generalized, hierarchical model ranging from feature extraction to lexical, syntactic and language modeling (possibly also exploiting word embedding approaches).
- The Postdoc candidate will work under supervision of one of senior researchers at Idiap, together with other colleagues from the speech group.
- The Postdoc candidate should hold a PhD in relevant fields, while demonstrating excellence and motivation in research in general, and in the targeted research areas.
- A background in one of the following relevant fields – statistics, applied mathematics, optimization, linear algebra, signal processing – is expected.
- Postdoc applicants should ideally have good expertise in hidden Markov models, deep neural networks, and/or statistical language modeling/natural language understanding.
- The applicants should also have strong programming skills and be familiar with Python, C/C++, and with the Linux environment.
The postdoc contract will be for one year, with a start salary of 80,000 CHF/year, with a reasonable chance to be renewed based on performance.
Positions will remain open until they have been filled. All queries related to the advertised position can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.