Apple is looking for a scientist with expertise in optics, human visual optics and vision science to support the development of cutting-edge imaging and display solutions and technologies foar future Apple products.
This position is focused on fundamental science and engineering of advanced display technologies to provide a superb visual experience for the user. The position would be within the Vision Group, a team of experts in vision science, image processing, color science, psychophysics, neuroscience, and visual optics. Work takes place in a highly collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters scientific and engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Apply visual optics and vision science to design and evaluation of advanced display technologies
- Guide design of optical systems to optimize user visual experience
- Develop display quality metrics based on visual optics and vision science
- Apply knowledge of individual variations in human visual optics to design of display systems
- Review vision and optics literature to answer fundamental image quality questions
- Design and conduct user studies of human visual optics and visual performance
- Guide feature and spec definition for future products based on visual optics and vision science
- Develop new products, features, and technologies based on visual optics and vision science