Does providing solutions for researchers’ needs motivate you? Are you excited by the idea of using neurotechnology to develop new therapies for people suffering from disease and disability?
Is electrophysiology in your wheelhouse? When someone is telling you about their lab setup or their newest stim paradigm, do the questions start piling up in your mind?
Do you consider yourself to have great communication skills? Better yet, do you LIKE communicating with other people? Even with people who are very different from you?
Do you crave the answers to your questions? Do you incessantly check your email in anticipation of someone’s response when you are asking about their research?
If you said “yes” to these questions, we need you. There are hundreds of research laboratories across the world performing recording and stimulation in the nervous system. Their research can be improved with a Ripple system, and we need your help to get our system in their hands. We need a hardworking, solution-oriented, high-energy sales engineer with FIVE STAR interpersonal skills to help educate researchers about our systems.
To be successful in this job, you will need to be an ephys expert and you will need spectacular verbal and written communication skills. You will also need to be comfortable traveling and working occasional long hours for equipment demonstrations or scientific conferences. In fact, you might find yourself living off fizz (caffeine) to get our ephys systems out there (oy, I promise our jokes are usually better than this…)
This is a full-time, salary plus commission position, starting as soon as possible in our Salt Lake City office. This position reports to our animal-lover and charcuterie-snob Director of North American Sales, Jessi Mischel.
About this Position
Here’s what you’ll do as a Research Sales Engineer:
- Create and follow up with new sales contacts via data mining, networking, and technical conferences; communicate with potential customers about experimental setups; determine and suggest ways Ripple equipment can contribute to their research needs.
- Maintain relationships with current customers for the purpose of pre and post-sale product demonstration, training/education, workshops, and other customer needs.
- Understand customer’s research requirements and provide solutions in a consultative manner.
- Visit existing and potential customers to establish and maintain relationships and understand needs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Use CRM to manage sales pipeline.
- Participate in sales forecasting.
- Meet sales quotas as defined quarterly by the Directors of the Neuroscience Research Businesses.
- Work with Research Support Engineers to provide solutions to existing customers that need assistance with debugging and troubleshooting existing Ripple equipment.
- Present sales data and results, and suggest equipment modifications to management team on a quarterly and as needed basis.
- Demonstrate industry knowledge on market trends, competitor landscape, and how Ripple Neuro’s products fit within that context.
- Assist marketing team to develop marketing materials for digital platforms and research conferences.
- Prepare for and attend research conferences (requires frequent travel often exceeding 40%).
- Prepare for and attend equipment demonstrations at research laboratories (requires frequent travel often exceeding 40%).
- Adequately convey your thoughts/ideas via various communication mediums (email, phone, video chat, in-person, etc.)
- Change projects/priorities on a whim. Each week brings new problems and thus, new solutions! You must be adaptable and able to balance multiple tasks with various moving parts.
- Be thoughtfully constructive: We are looking for solution-oriented team players who can check their egos and collaborate to overcome obstacles.
- Genuinely care. At Ripple, we care deeply about each other and treat each other with respect, kindness, and patience. We care about the products we create and demand the best of ourselves.