Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As a Mechanical Engineer working on our robot test systems, you’ll be on the ground floor of building a comprehensive hardware in the loop test system for our surgical robot. This involves working with other hardware engineers and software engineers to design and deploy new test hardware. We have nascent test infrastructure, but are now building a team that will turn it into a full fledged system that brings our iteration time down, decreases our manual testing load, and increases our surgical robot’s reliability even as we scale to many more surgeries. You’ll be joining this team in its formative moments.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists.
- You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent in experience and ability.
- 4+ years of mechanical engineering experience (collegiate engineering clubs like formula SAE, Baja, etc included)
- 2+ year of industry mechanical engineering experience
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles.
- Experience with python and writing test scripts
- Experience designing hardware test systems from the ground up
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.