Divergence Neuro Technologies, Inc. (https://divergenceneuro.com/) is looking for a talented individual to fill the position of Development Lead, Mobile to drive a small team of other developers building our first mobile application and backend. The position would be working remotely on a contract basis until at least the end of the year and would require hours equivalent to a full work week each week. There is a possibility of the contract converting to full time employment if the project is successful.
Who we are:
Divergence is a Toronto-based startup focused on the research and development of a data-driven, cloud-based neuro platform based on EEG-analysis and machine learning to improve mental health for all. Our platform and research enhance clinical and personal mental health assessments by supplementing self-reporting methods with an easy-to-understand, cloud-based EEG software platform, offering individualized neurofeedback protocols driven by machine learning and AI combined with therapist interaction.
You must have:
- Experience developing, testing and launching at least two (2) data-driven mobile applications,
- Two (2) years demonstrable practical experience using React Native, React, or Swift, Kotlin (co-op or hobby experience is applicable),
- Two (2) years experience implementing mobile application UI / UX designs,
- In-depth knowledge of working with data driven workflow implementation and REST APIs,
- Solid understanding of security principles and practices on mobile platforms,
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English,
- One (1) year experience managing integrated development teams / projects (co-op experience or hobby experience is applicable),
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently,
- A keen desire towards continuous learning and demonstrable cases where you have applied this to learn new things extremely quickly,
- Open mind and proven mental agility to pivot if and when required without impact to productivity and timelines,
- Resourcefulness to identify requirements and find solutions creatively.
Preference will be given if you have:
- Previous startup experience,
- Biomedical technology development experience,
- Understanding of lean product development principles,
- Previous experience leading / building a dev team,
- Full stack experience for mobile client and backend,
- Experience designing UX / UI based on business requirements.