We are looking for new team members to join the Complex Networks and Brain Dynamics group to work on its interdisciplinary projects. The group is part of the Department of Complex Systems, Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences – based in Prague, Czech Republic.
We focus on the development and application of methods of analysis and modelling of real-world complex networked systems, with particular interest in the structure and dynamics of human brain function. Our main research areas are neuroimaging data analysis (fMRI & EEG, iEEG, anatomical and diffusion MRI), brain dynamics modelling, causality and information flow inference, nonlinearity and nonstationarity, graph theory, machine learning and multivariate statistics; with applications in neuroscience, climate research, economics and general communication networks. More information about the group at http://cobra.cs.cas.cz/.
- Contract is for 6-24 months duration.
- Positions are available immediately or upon agreement.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract appointment. Part time contract negotiable.
- Monthly gross salary: 37000 – 55000 CZK based on qualifications and experience. Cost Of Living Comparison
- Bonuses and travel funding for conferences and research stays depending on performance.
- No teaching duties.
- Hold a PhD. (PhD student/research assistant positions available as well, see informal inquiries contact below).
- Have strong mathematical, statistical, data analysis, and/or machine learning skills.
- Be fluent in English.
- We seek curious, self-motivated, hard-working, team-spirited researchers.
- Prior experience with time series and network analysis is advantageous, but not required.