One research associate position is available at the Department of Neurology and Biomedical Engineering in Daroff-Dell’Osso Ocular Motor Laboratory in Louis Stokes VA Medical Center. This is an exciting opportunity to join a laboratory aimed at identifying behavioral and neural mechanisms of sensory processing, perception and motor control in healthy controls and in patients movement disorders. Ultimately the knowledge will be applied to develop novel deep brain stimulation interventions.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in one or more ongoing research studies involving human subject experiments involving eye tracking, motion simulation, immersive virtual reality, deep brain simulation, computational modeling, machine learning, and structural and functional neuroimaging.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing and performing experiments with human subjects.
- Carry out analyses of recorded data.
- Preparing manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals, and presenting results at research conferences.
- Coordinate operations related to Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Research Compliance Office.
We will assist and support the candidates who demonstrate extraordinary academic productivity and enthusiasm to secure research faculty position.
Department: Frequent contact with PI, faculty, research staff and administrative staff
University: Occasional contact with other departments (as needed)
External: Little to no contact with external vendors
Students: Regular contact with undergraduate and graduate student employees
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in experimental or computational neuroscience or signal processing is desired.
- Experience in machine learning and/or computational neuroscience is a plus.
- Education/Licensing: Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, neuroscience, neurophysiology, neurobiology, or other related biomedical fields.