At Interaxon, we develop engaging experiences using brain-sensing technology. We are a passionate team of researchers, technical experts and scientists building the world’s leading science-based brain platform to empower personal transformation through human-centred innovation. Our Muse headbands are designed to make meditation easier and provide real-time audio and visual feedback on your meditative state through the Muse companion app. www.choosemuse.com
As a Senior Full Stack Developer at Interaxon, you will be a key member of the software development team focused on developing and maintaining our web-based applications and third-party service integrations. This position will work closely with our business stakeholders, architects and data engineers to continuously evolve our mission-critical web applications and data systems from the front end to the back end.
This is a hands-on position that will see you both developing applications as well as assisting with the ongoing support of our cloud infrastructure. You will be collaborating with stakeholders across teams to ensure our applications and services are designed to support current business needs, while also being prepared to scale as our customer base and product offerings continue to grow.
This role is remote-friendly, with a preference for candidates based in Canada.
- You stay on top of the technology stacks you work with, are interested in technologies that you do not, and are always excited to share what you learn.
- You love to learn almost as much as you love to share your knowledge.
- You can work independently with minimal oversight but deeply enjoy the process of collaborating with team members with a wide variety of skills and expertise.
- You are ready to jump in over your head but know when to ask for help.
- You believe that if you are not challenged from time to time, you are not able to fully grow both personally and professionally.
- Work with brand guidelines and dialogue with our marketing team to ensure that all interface design concepts align with the visual brand without sacrificing usability.
- Keep tabs on other ongoing UX and market research processes (surveys, analytics, ethnography, etc.) to maintain a high-level understanding of product and user experience.
About our core technology stack:
- On the backend: Applications are primarily written in web frameworks such as Flask, for headless applications that drive REST APIs, and Ruby on Rails for more complicated, forms-based applications that work with highly related data.
- The core of our cloud systems run on Google Cloud Platform. Google App Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage, Cloud Datastore, Cloud SQL, Dataflow, BigQuery are just some of the services we use.
- We use Auth0 for identity management.