Come use your engineering talents to help people living with serious diseases. We’re starting with addiction, insomnia, multiple sclerosis (MS), and schizophrenia, and there’s more to come.
Pear’s deep knowledge and experience in the biotech space has set us up with phenomenal partnerships and a strong product roadmap. Our engineers are platform-izing our architecture and building new mobile applications.
Our team of engineers, based in San Francisco and Boston, uses a pragmatic agile process to quickly deliver treatments to patients. We treat each other well, believe in building a diverse culture of teamwork, and are serious about making Pear a place that’s good for both those who work here and the patients we serve.
As a member of the mobile team, your job is to build extraordinary mobile digital therapeutics apps that help patients. You’ll take advantage of our shared platform infrastructure and component libraries, and work with the product, clinical, QA, and regulatory teams to deliver first-of-their-kind therapeutics to those in need.
- Develop mobile applications for a wide range of digital medicine apps.
- Assemble functional requirements, develop technical specifications, and help plan the project.
- Take ownership of product quality through good testing and coding practices. Build for testing and resultant quality.
- Be a meaningful part of the big picture: Work with teams across the company like Product Management, DevOps, QA, Regulatory, and Clinical to help us achieve our mission.
- 2+ years of related experience in software development.
- A track-record of high-quality production code delivery.
- Knowledge of good testing practices. Practical TDD experience is a plus.
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of collaborating well both within and across teams.
- Preferred: Experience with React Native, or native iOS or Android development.
- Preferred: Experience with Docker, Git SCM, and AWS.
OUR TECH STACK:
- Mobile (React Native and Redux): Mobile apps that patients use. We build our apps on a shared platform of in-house components that ease development and maintenance.
- Web (React, Redux, and Webpack): The interface that doctors interact with.
- API (NodeJS, NestJS, Restify, MySQL, and Postgres): This is the shared back-end that all of our apps use.
- Testing (Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Appium, Jest): We’re serious about code quality, and testing is a key tool to meet our high standards.