Role and requirements
With different projects all dependent on one another, it is essential to keep them organized.
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the achievement of larger cross functional organizational goals. The Program Manager coordinates efforts between different projects without directly managing any one of them. Instead, he/she leads the overall program with strong attention to strategy, implementation, and delegation.
The Program Manager will ensure the organization stays on schedule, on specifications, and ultimately on an upward trajectory of success and growth.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives, being accountable for delivering against established business goals and objectives
- Work closely with program sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Oversee and coordinate multiple cross-functional project teams, ensuring program goals are reached and their interdependencies reconciled throughout the program lifecycle
- Manage and facilitate stakeholders communication and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Coordinate as well as delegate cross-project initiatives
- Provide strategic guidance to the project managers for optimal return-on-investment
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Manage and utilize resources planning across projects, identifying and actioning on gaps of necessary skills to support all projects.
- Manage budget and funding channels of projects for maximum productivity
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality and performance
- Work with project managers to identify, evaluate, and overcome risks and opportunities across multiple projects
- Oversee multiple cross-functional project teams, ensuring program goals are reached
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences or other technical degree
Experience and skills
- 5+ years in advanced management role (preference given to those with program and project management experience)
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, communication, and organizational skills
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Master’s degree in sciences or technology
- Experience in life sciences/healthcare industry
- Previous stakeholder management skills