The data product team at Inscopix is looking for a software engineer to support development of a cloud-based platform for organizing, analyzing, visualizing, and sharing neuroscience research data. On the data product team, you will work alongside software engineers that bring databases and APIs to life, data engineers that architect algorithms optimized for our data structures, and neuroscientists that design and use the tools to analyze data in collaborations with academia and industry. We’re looking for someone who works well on a small team, is passionate about building effective and elegant products, and would relish an opportunity to directly enable and empower high throughput neuroscience research.
What you will be doing:
- Your exact role will be determined by your existing experience as well as areas you identify as wanting to learn/grow into. Here are some examples of responsibilities you may be asked to take on:
- Contribute to the development of a new cloud-based platform, assisting in the implementation of features allowing users to upload and visualize scientific data, create analysis workflows, and share results
- Participate in system design and stakeholder feedback discussions and assist the team with breaking down feature requests and user requirements into technical requirements and best-practice solutions
- Implement changes to the data model all the way from the database through GraphQL/REST APIs to the frontend/application layers
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the platform’s AWS-based infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline
- Create automated scripts and development workflows to package and deploy scientific analysis tools developed by our neuroscientists and data engineers.
- Write comprehensive unit and integration tests for implemented functionality
- Advocate for modern engineering and DevOps best practices throughout our stack
Technology we’re using:
- Apollo Client
- AWS Amplify