We are inviting applications for a full-time Junior Specialist position in the Bionic Vision Lab (http://bionicvisionlab.org) at UC Santa Barbara with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2021. This will be a one-year position. The salary is based on UCSB’s salary scales.
Primary research duty is the collection of behavioral data by interacting with blind individuals implanted with the Argus II Retinal Prosthesis System. Under the direction of the PI, this also includes recruiting patients for experiments, preparing stimulus presentation scripts, computer programming and configuring test computers for behavioral testing, writing and editing code to process, analyze, and visualize experimental data, and assisting the research team in processing and analyzing data from these experiments.
- An undergraduate degree in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, biomedical sciences, or a related field is required on the anticipated start date of July 1st, 2021.
Experience with any of the following is highly desirable:
- Visual psychophysics (particularly with elderly and/or clinical populations)
- Programming (particularly Matlab and/or Python)
- Statistical analysis software (e.g., R)
- The ability to work independently, efficiently, and comfortably in a multidisciplinary team environment; exceptional organization and problem-solving skills; attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication; a strong work ethic