Rune Labs is a clinical brain data company. Our software platform labels and aggregates brain imaging, electrophysiology, and neuromodulation device data to create some of the largest structured datasets in human neuroscience. We partner closely with the med-tech and pharma community to make this data useful for therapy development and delivery for brain diseases like Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, and Treatment Resistant Depression.
We are scaling the team across multiple dimensions, including looking for a Head of Business Development. This role will work directly with our CEO to ideate, pitch, negotiate, structure, close, and implement deals that we believe will be at the heart of transformational developments in neuroscience therapeutics.
Where we need you:
- Structure and run deal processes while shepherding all internal and external stakeholders. Mine prospects, aggressively frame negotiations, prep internal teams before calling external parties.
- Close complex deals with creative or aggressive terms, including SaaS agreements, milestone-based agreements, joint R&D agreements, and reach-through agreements.
- Read and understand deals, including all the legal language. Be able to understand and communicate the full implications of what complex contracts say.
- Understand what partners in med-tech and pharma want from clinical brain data, even better than they do, as well as relevant trends in the neuroscience therapeutics marketplace.
- Own internal deal communication processes, and work with cross-functional teams to get deals across the finish line.
More about you:
- Minimum of 6 years experience in business development in a healthcare, pharma, or med-tech setting
- Bonus for previous experience with data platforms and/or neuroscience therapeutics
- History of leading negotiation on making deals with complex terms.
- History of leading negotiation on making deals with large impact for your company
- Reputation for being relentless and creative from people who have worked directly with you on deals
- Excellent written communication and creative writing ability
- Interested in personally optimizing for equity and future growth