The Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute (RNI) at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Project Manager (remote option a possibility for this position). This position is responsible for leading the design, coordination, improvement, and implementation of RNI’s clinical and applied research initiatives. Must communicate project plans within RNI’s multidisciplinary structure and between outside collaborative partners.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Organize and coordinate RNI’s clinical and applied research projects across RNI’s internal departments and between external research and development partners.
- Partner with senior executives to define project approach and ensure overall project plan will achieve objectives.
- Oversees and monitors progress of RNI team members who are implementing project plans and providing support for various initiatives.
- Present analysis and recommendation to decision makers in a succinct and organized manner, including identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to evaluate operational effectiveness.
- Develops executive presentations for stakeholder communications on strategic initiatives progress, risks and budget results.
- Review and analyze operational reports, summarize findings.
- Determines most efficient and cost-effective means for gathering and analyzing data needed to support research and development goals and achieve growth through the accomplishment of long-range goals and objectives.
- Monitors compliance and ensures adherence to all policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in project management.
- Proven experience as project manager and use of project management methodologies (i.e. agile, waterfall, lean, scrum)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and make appropriate decisions
- Effective communication, conflict resolution and problem resolution skills
- Ability to assist with the development of analyses of results
- Proven ability to document and refine complex processes to project plans
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Proficient in project management software (i.e. Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Workzone, Trello)