UMass Medical School’s Information Technology Innovation Internship program is designed to provide exceptional opportunities for talented students and to strengthen UMMS’ technology ecosystem through the innovative ideas and infectious energy of the interns. The IT Intern will get an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement and advancing the health and well-being of the people in Massachusetts and the world through ground-breaking development in education, research and health care delivery.
It’s an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! We are consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the leading medical schools in the naton for primary care education. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn and gain valuable skills in an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country.
Information Technology at The University of Massachusetts Medical School has a unique opportunity for an Audio Visual Control Programmer Intern to join us at an intersection of technology, custom programming development, and remote support. During the internship we’ll collaborate to leverage networked audio video equipment, custom GUI interfaces, and equipment configurations for remote support, monitoring, and analytics.
Together with the Audio Visual Services team you will:
- Create new graphics, templates, and interfaces for touch panels.
- Configure touch panels, processors and networked equipment for monitoring, support, and analytics.
- Use of C# and C++ for custom modules and integration design.
- Enhance control programming of our class/meeting rooms to use with in person and remote collaboration tools.
- Troubleshoot and debugging control system programs with the assistance of onsite staff.
- Provide monitoring and analytics of equipment to ensure uptime of rooms and generate notifications of equipment errors.
- At the end of the program, you will walk away with a greater knowledge of integrated control systems with multiple use cases for class/meeting/event technology, work independently and within a team to complete large scalable projects, and an understanding and appreciation catering to different request based on customer needs. The Audio Visual Services team will provide you with real world experience meaning you will have a competitive advantage for your resume and portfolio.
Creative, technical, looking to pursue a career in Audio Visual Control Programming? Join our IT Audio Visual Services team!