to join our central service facility “Scientific Computing” at the next possible opportunity. The position will initially be for 2 years with the possibility for extension.
The administration of our new HPC cluster CPU /GPU nodes and a disc storage system is your main duty. This includes the administration of the Linux server infrastructure of the HPC cluster (update management, system monitoring tools, etc.), the administration of the HPC-relevant network infrastructure, as well as the storage infrastructure and the management of the backup and restore procedures.
You will ensure IT security and data protection in the Scientific Computing IT environment and will be responsible for system monitoring with the corresponding tools, and you will ensure a smooth troubleshooting process.
The co-management of user accounts in the HPC cluster, system-related user support, and assisting with the preparation of related documentation will also be your responsibility.
Basic monitoring and management of the server-room infrastructure (cluster hardware, cooling and electric infrastructure, server-room access, etc.) is a main duty for you and will in part be shared with other colleagues.
You will assist with monitoring of system inventory (including software and licenses) and with planning the procurement of replacement and additional components.
- Successfully completed studies in computer sciences or vocational training as a System Administrator, “Fachinformatiker”, “Kaufmann für IT-Systemmanagement” or comparable qualifications.
- At least 2 years of experience with and knowledge of operation, management and administration of HPC-clusters including experience with
Linux OS (CentOS/RHEL),
- relevant software packages/environments, e.g. Cluster-Management Software (xCAT or similar), Job Scheduler SLRUM, Container technology (e.g. Docker, Singularity), etc.,
- Data Storage Systems GPFS/IBM Spectrum Scale, BeeGFS, Lustre or similar,
- scripting languages and Infiniband networking software and tools.
- An international and collaborative environment in a stimulating scientific institute.
- A salary commensurate with the work.
- Outstanding employee benefits, a family-friendly culture at the institute, flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for further training.