We are looking for a new or recent graduate to join a research-heavy lab studying language processing in the cerebral cortex. The individual will have the strong programming skills, including the ability to translate analysis code from Matlab and Python into C. They will work with lab personnel (e.g., PI, post-docs, graduate students, etc.) to design analysis software for imaging data and various cognitive tasks. The candidate should be self-motivated, responsible and have adept interpersonal skills.
- Interviews clients/users and laboratory personnel for problem definition to ensure that the program is written that fits the user’s needs or changes are made to resolve any existing problems.
- Develops program specifications for programming modules, programs specifications, testing, JCL and documentation ensuring conformity and consistency with system and department standards.
- Writes, tests, and implements computer programs. Codes straight-forward to somewhat complex programs and ensures that the programs conform to departmental standards.
- Assists with acceptance testing of purchase software and/or upgrades to existing system software to ensure user/clients needs are met.
- Participates in structured technical and functional walk-through with project team members and reports status of programming to Project Manager on a regular basis to ensure a full understanding of the program and the status of completion.
- Resolves problems that arise with existing production systems to ensure the efficiency and proper functioning of programs and systems.
- Other duties as assigned.