- A full-time position on our web frontend engineering team, where your efforts will help us bring vitally needed neurological health information to patients, their physicians, and researchers in the fight against brain disease.
- Challenging and rewarding work on our cloud platform, tackling the entire spectrum of UI/UX. Deliver easy-to-understand insights and decision support to patients and their clinicians. Construct sophisticated analysis tools to explore and model timeseries biometric data recorded directly from inside the human brain (you read right), medical wearables, our mobile apps, and health datasources.
- Great opportunities for growth and learning to build efficient, secure, responsive, and elegant interfaces – in an environment where it’s safe to make mistakes.
Engineering at Rune Labs
- Your work will directly support:
- patients and their neurologists before, during, and after in-clinic and telemedicine visits
- research and development of new therapies for Parkinson’s Disease, OCD, chronic pain, depression, epilepsy, and other neurological conditions afflicting tens of millions of people.
- Work with the smartest and kindest folks in software engineering, neuroscience, and business development.
- Be part of a culture of explicit ethical consideration to both ourselves and the patients whose data we are entrusted with.
- An environment that has kept up with technical debt from day one, and works hard to keep it that way. Our infrastructure is fully automated and our stack instrumented with observability, CI, CD, strong security practices, and a team experienced enough to know why those always matter.
- Full health, vision, and dental coverage and benefits for yourself and dependents
- (if you’re in San Francisco) Our office is across the street from Golden Gate park, pet-friendly, great food within walking distance, and all the free t-shirts and swag you can stomach. Enough said.
- Have at least 4 years of experience working with React – ideally with Hooks. Similar component-based framework also ok (e.g. Angular 2+). We don’t use Redux.
- Have experience with styling a component-based app, whether through SASS/SCSS or a framework like MaterialUI.
- Understand or have personally tackled the challenges of dealing with numeric and/or time-series data in the browser, from both a visualization and a performance perspective (e.g. managing very large arrays).
- You solve each individual problem in its particulars with the best tool for that job, learning and growing your toolkit over time. “If you’re only given a hammer, then everything will look like a nail.”
- Strong belief in automated unit, integration, and performance testing.
- You understand why client-side code has to be instrumented and monitored just as much as backend.
- Your code is well commented, well structured, readable, and maintainable by another human being. You have a strong sense of ownership, but don’t growl anytime someone comes near your code.
- You are honest, speak your mind, and take the time to explain your thoughts and opinions, without being cruel, dismissive, condescending, or patronizing.