We are seeking a hardworking, outcome-driven Cloud & Full-Stack Software Developer. It is an Intermediate level role with potential to rapidly develop and grow into a senior level position – working across a variety of innovative human interface challenges.
If this is you, you will also have a strong passion for Universal Design, Accessibility and Inclusive Design philosophies and methods.
You will be at the forefront of design, working at the bleeding edge of technology – doing amazing work at Cognixion that will transform the world, as well as your portfolio.
The role is based in our Toronto office working alongside PhD and Master level engineers in biosignal processing and artificial intelligence/machine learning and streaming data. This role is focused on developing high quality, intuitive software products that adapt, grow and support rapid and high growth. Also, for ensuring a lifetime of customer and user value through exceptionally designed app and web services that users quickly feel they can’t live without. The person in this role is seen as an evangelist for unlocking our target users capacity to communicate and control their world, aligning user needs with almost magical and simple to master user interfaces, collaborating with internal teams to execute and launch new products and features and is comfortable collaborating with remote team members.
Further, this role will also be influential in developing IP in the areas of trade secret (unique ways we do things that are nonpublic and not obvious), copyright (software) and patents (novel and insightful methods and system designs).
The role requires an individual that is a self-starter, highly organized and entrepreneurial with a leaning toward crisp communication (brevity) but also depth when explaining complex ideas, insights or solutions – that help non-technical people understand the solutions as easily as the most technical expert. This individual can get lots of things done themselves and via collaboration, as well has the leadership qualities of influencing decisions with sound first principles logic.
Further, the person in this role must be quick on their feet, understand how to prioritize and work with urgency to address issues or capitalize on opportunities. The success or failure of a product is directly impacted by your work.
- Develop server-side software for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) solutions on iOS mobile platforms (iPhone and iPad).
- Develop web-facing applications for management and monitoring of the AAC solution
- Develop, test, document and deploy using a variety of server-side tools
- Participate in specification and design
- Participate in an agile development process (Scrum/Kanban)
- 3-5 years industry experience
- AWS cloud architecture (S3, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Polly, DynamoDB, GraphQL)
- Containers (Docker)
- One or more of Postgresql, Mongo, AuroraDB, MySQL
- BONUS SKILLS, MAY INCLUDE:
- OAuth architectures (Auth0)
- Front-end web frameworks (e.g. Angular, vue.js)
- C++, Python
- iOS mobile development
- Embedded software (e.g. Arduino) using C++ or C
- Reactive frameworks (e.g. ReactJS or other)