Ready to roll your sleeves up to tackle a new challenge? Ready to build the first great product in a new category? Neurable is in search of a Senior Project Engineer to take our flagship product to market.
Neurable’s mission is to make technology universally accessible, intuitive, and empowering through advanced applications of neurotechnology. We create neurotechnology to reimagine our relationship with computers, advancing human communication, interaction, and connection.
You will play a crucial role in building brain-sensing headphones. We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to lead development from concept through manufacturing and beyond. This is a critical role that we are seeking to fill immediately. The ideal candidate has deep experience at an established Consumer Electronics company but is ready to break out into the startup environment. We want you to have full creative latitude and know that this is your company, not just a job. It will be exciting and rewarding.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive the overall product architecture from concept phase to mass production product launch.
- Define and capture/document product requirements and system architecture in line with the product vision that will allow internal and external resources around the globe to deliver excellent/remarkable results.
- Endorse the quality of all engineering product deliverables from internal and external team members.
- Coordinate the technical aspects of the cross functional engineering team to make sure that their work in aggregate will meet the product vision.
- Establish and execute key development processes based on industry best practice that are right-sized for Neurable today, but scalable for our future.
- Defend the product vision “at all costs.”
- Be There! Frequently traveling to suppliers and partners in Asia (post pandemic) to oversee deliverables.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- BS EE or similar degree. MS EE preferred (other degrees considered)
- Minimum 5 years (10 preferred) delivering similar products to market at medium to high volumes.
- Experience working with far east/asian suppliers and Contract Manufacturers
- Familiarity and experience with current regulatory requirements for Consumer Electronics, Wearable Devices, and devices containing rechargeable batteries.
- Experience, exposure to, and ability to work in both Waterfall and Agile(SAFe) development environments.
- Capacity to work across all engineering disciplines needed to deliver a consumer electronics product to market.
- Success working in remote collaboration environments, breaking down barriers with a globally dispersed team.
- Comfort with ambiguity, but driven to clarify and align direction.
- Excitement to simultaneously develop not only a product, but also the methods and practices by which we will deliver.
- The ability to thrive in an environment with few established processes.