Inscopix has developed a miniaturized, real-time, brain mapping platform – enabling new approaches to understand the brain, and accelerating drug discovery for brain disorders like Parkinson and Alzheimer disease.
We are seeking an Embedded Systems Software Engineer to design and develop the firmware that bridges our neuro-imaging hardware and data acquisition software. You will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of neuroscientists, data scientists and engineers from software, mechanical, optical and electrical engineering fields. You will also work closely with product management to translate functional requirements into production level embedded systems software.
- Design, build, test, and troubleshoot hardware, firmware, and embedded software for data acquisition electronics and embedded imaging systems.
- Lead continuous integration, verification, validation and testing of software releases.
- Collaborate with product management and science group to translate user needs to system requirements.
- Lead the development of production software for hardware calibration and verification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience working with embedded systems.
- Proficient in C/C++, python code development for embedded systems.
- Experience developing Linux device drivers and firmware.
- Experience working with embedded interfaces (I2C, SPI) and protocols including wireless (USB3.0, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MIPI etc.).
- Experience with low level system programming, build systems and solution deployment.
- Experience with multithreading, synchronization and system performance optimization.
- Experience with development/build tools and release/review management process.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- MS / PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with GStreamer pipelines, plugins, applications and advanced video codecs.
- Experience working with digital signals, FPGA and image sensors.
- Experience with hardware-accelerated image processing pipelines (OpenCV, OpenGL, CUDA).
- Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) experience.