Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) is one of Germany’s leading research universities, addressing the whole range of academic disciplines. A highly dynamic setting enables researchers and students to work across the traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties. To create knowledge networks within and beyond the university is RUB’s declared aim.
The Institute for Neural Computation is hiring a W2 professor for initially five years (with Tenure-Track to W2) in Neural Data Science to start on 1st April 2022.
- The successful candidate will represent the field of Neural Data Science in education and research.
- A research focus on the application of modern machine learning methods in the analysis of imaging and/or electrophysiological data as well as in modelling of the neural basis of cognitive processes is desirable.
- Teaching is expected in the degree programs Bachelor and Master of Applied Computer Science as well as the international Master in Cognitive Science.
- Evidence of superior qualification for excellent research, acquisition of third-party funding, academic teaching, interdisciplinary collaborations and the contribution to academic self-administration are required.
- The professorship is part of an initiative for the interdisciplinary integration of research in cognitive neuroscience at Ruhr-Universität Bochum and Universität Duisburg-Essen.